WASLA National Conference Stipends will be awarded to:
● Two student members of ASLA. Applicants must be enrolled in a university Landscape
Architecture program in Washington State.
● Two emerging professionals that are current ASLA Washington Chapter members.
Emerging professionals are those who graduated from university in the Class of 2017 or
The stipend is an award of $1,700.00 to attend the 2022 ASLA National Conference in San
Francisco, CA on November 11-14, 2022.
Recipients will be responsible for registration, airfare, and accommodations with personal funds.
These expenses will be reimbursed following purchase per WASLA reimbursement policy.
- Applications must be received by Midnight on April 29th, 2022.
- WASLA will announce the recipients in late May.
- Previous WASLA National Conference Stipend recipients are not eligible.
- Please email Philip VanDevanter (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Please respond to one of the following prompts in a short essay (300-500 words):
If you were to attend the 2022 ASLA Conference, what built-project in the San Francisco Bay
Area would you like to visit to learn more about one of the topics listed below? Please describe
what you’d hope to learn about the topic from your visit and about how this would inform your
studies or professional work. (Word limit: 500 words)
1. Gentrification, affordability, and homelessness
2. Changing the culture in practice
3. Climate change and resilience
4. Water resource management
5. Another topic that is a focus of your work or studies